LIVE -IN-CAREGIVER CLASS VISA
Canada accepts foreign temporary workers under Live-in-Caregiver program to bring qualified temporary foreign workers in Canada. They provide in-home child care, senior home support care or care of disabled persons (mentally retarded or physically disabled).
The program is designed to meet shortage of labour market of Live-in-Caregivers in Canada while providing an avenue for individuals to work and eventually apply for permanent resident visa from within Canada after being employed full-time as a live-in-caregiver for at least 2 years / 24 months or 3,900 hours in a minimum of 22 months within the 4 (four) years immediately following their entry into Canada under the Live-in-Caregiver program (LCP).
Live-in-Caregivers are individuals who are qualified to provide care for children, elderly persons or persons with disabilities in their private homes, under self-supervision. Live-in-Caregivers must live in the private home where they will be working in Canada.
Applicants under the LCP must have successfully completed a course of study that is equivalent to Canadian secondary school.
Applicants under the LCP must have completed at least:
- Six months of full-time training in a classroom setting in a field (Caregiver) or
- One year full-time paid employment, including at least 6(six) months of continuous employment with one employer in the related field within the 3 (three) years immediately before the date of application for work-permit
- Full-time training must be taken for a continuous period of at least 6(six) months and it should be in the related field for which the applicant is seeking work-permit for employment as a Live-in-Caregiver in Canada.
Work experience requirements:
1. The prospective live-in-caregivers must have experience in early childhood education, geriatric care, paediatric or geriatric nursing;
2. The experience must be in an instituitional setting (day care, crèche, hospital, senior citizens' home etc;
3. The experience should have occurred preceding the date of submission of application for work-permit;
4. The work experience must include at least 6 (six) months of continuous employment with one employer.
To claim training, it must have been full-time training in a class room. Areas of study could be early childhood education, geriatric care, paediatric nursing of First- Aid.
The language ability includes the following criteria:
The applicants must have a level of fluency in English or French language that enables them to communicate effectively and independently in an unsupervised setting to meet the following criteria:
1. Respond to emergency situations by contacting a doctor, ambulance, police or fire department;
2. Read the labels on the medications;
3. Answer the telephone call and the door; and
4. Communicate with others outside the home, such as schools, stores or other instituitions.
Proficiency in reading and speaking in Canadian official languages (English or French language) will ensure live-in-caregivers understand their rights and obligations and are not dependent on their employers to interpret provincial / territorial labour legislation and employment standards.
Live-in-Caregivers can work up to 4 (four) years plus 3 (three) months provided all documents meet its eligibility.
The following job responsibilities are described to understand the applicants as part of the jobs needed to be performed while working in the employer's house in Canada.
1. Bathe, dress and feed infants and children;
2. Prepare formulas and change diapers for infants;
3. Oversee children's activities such as meals and rest period , as instructed by the employer;
4. Instruct children in personal hygiene and social development;
5. Tend to the emotional well-being of children;
6. Discipline children according to the methods requested by the parents;
7. Organize and participate in activities such as games, crafts, reading;
8. Take children outside home to provide amusement and exercise;
9. Plan, prepare and serve meals for children and may perform other housekeeping duties;
10. Take children to and from school;
11. Maintain a healthy environment in the home;
12. May be required po keep records of daily activities and health information regarding each child etc.
Above all, the job responsibilities are varied to some extent depending on the site whether it is geriatric care, day care, senior citizen care, paediatric care, crèche etc.
For more information, interested candidates are requested to send their resumes to Global Immigration Consultancy Services at email@example.com or drop
your resumes at the kolkata branch office or office nearest to you along with a letter asking for information about Live-in-Caregiver, in your convenient time.